Tuesday 19 April 2011

My Western Set Model

Building my set I started with foamboard to create the base and back and one side I set aside three days to build my set which was in the Easter holidays.

I painted the background blue with a light layer first which later I didn't like so I added darker layers to enhance the clouds.

After looking at the sky I moved on to mountains and how to create them I didn't like this much so i quickly stopped.


The next stage was to start building the General store at this point I didn't have my action figures and the siza was general guess work I measured the door at 5.7" inches as a rough estimate and everything else was made around that.


Once the General store was up and built I started working on the saloon I wanted it to be alot bigger in comparison height and width.



I basically used match sticks, lollypop sticks card foamboard and sand keeping it at a few materials meant that I didnt try and over complicate things. 


Once both buildings were complete I stuck them down at this point I went to bed not knowing that a complication had happened.

The complication was that the foamboard had started to bend and lose shape but it wasnt as noticeable as when I started applying sand to the bottom that the base did the same I then applied a heavy weight to try and even up the base because the figures would ahve toppled over with ease.


After I came back from The Easter break and the heavy weight had been there for a week and a half it had mad the base a lot more even. It wasn't perfect but alot better.


In hindsight I would not have used foamboard as it didn't do the job I really needed maybe if I was to do it again I would use chipboard. I was really peased with houw it turned out though and getting the figures was to prove a more difficlt task.

No comments:

Post a Comment