Monday 11 April 2011

Drawing My Woody Animation

I decided that as a practice I would try out cell animation for a number of reasons one being that if my stop motion idea wasn't good enough then I would consider doing a cell animation. I decided to use Woody from Toy Story because I had looked at Pixar and Im looking to do a western and it seemed an obvious choice.


The process was long and it takes a lot of patience. I started looking at Woody pictures and different angles and how best to make a animation with him looking at what would be best to move him.


I decided on this one and thought with his facial expression that he would be laughing and pointing at something so i moved his arm up and down but looked at moving his legs too. When people laugh sometimes their legs get week and lose control. I integrated that into the animation aswel.



I drew him over and over again slightly moving him each time and repeated this eleven times.




I am pleased with how I managed to make it look like a sequence Cell animation is alot more complex and time consuming than I first thought but quietly enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment