Monday 4 April 2011

Rayograms Workshop One

Rayograms Workshop One was a basic introduction of how to create a image on photographic paper using block objects and using light exposure. An enlarger is used in conventional negative printing, but any light source can be used. The objects to be used in making the image are placed on top of the paper. When a suitable composition has been found, the enlarger is used to expose the paper (tests will have to be done to check the exposure time and aperture required). Finally, the paper is processed, as normal, in print-developing chemicals, and washed and dried.
My first session in the dark room wasn't very successful with the time I was given. The test strips didn't come out very well as I couldn't get the exposure right.





For session two I will choose a variety of objects and focus on getting the right exposure time right for my images towards the end of session one I was getting closer to a perfect image.

No comments:

Post a Comment